Tuesday, September 25, 2007

some recent pics

This is going to be a quick post. I always want to spend more time on my blog and looking at others, but I just don't have the time, so then I don't post anything.

My blog is being weird and I can't see the pictures I've posted, so I can't describe each one individually, but here they are:









The boys had their first day of preschool yesterday! They are attending at the high school nearby in their early childhood lab. The high school students do such a good job with the preschoolers! The boys weren't upset at all when I dropped them off, and they were happy when I picked them up. The first picture is them walking toward their school.
The second picture is Nathan showing his first piece of school work he brought home. I have a feeling they got help. I couldn't figure out what it was, because I couldn't understand what Nathan was saying. It sounded like "scab" or "crab" but he kept saying "No!" when I would say it. Finally at night I figured out it was a "scale" of a fish.
The picture of the Caterpillar is our new pet, "fuzzy" or "Mr. Caterpillar" as he's sometimes called. We've had him one week now! I can't believe it. The boys love him. They get him out every so often and it crawls around on them. We've misplaced it twice, but found it both times. Phew.
The next picture is of the prairie preserve near our house. I think it's beautiful, though not as grand as the mountains we used to live near in Utah. I took a bike ride there today. It was hot and dusty! We have been having a very hot September. It doesn't feel like fall at all.
We went to Jason's Grandpa's house this weekend. He is a very sweet man. The boys had fun playing with an old bat at his house. I always like generational pictures.
The last picture is of a dinner I had at my house on Sunday. It was my mother-in-law's birthday. She's so sweet and helps a lot with watching the boys. Let me tell a quick story about her. This week I found some old, dead mice in my garage in traps while I was doing a thorough cleaning. I gagged right then and decided to distract myself by calling her and asking about the new puppy they got (a story by itself for another time). I mentioned the mice and she said, "Well, I'd be happy to come get them for you when I come over this afternoon". Not ten minutes after I left for work, I realized I had forgotten something, so I turned back, and she was already in the garage, with a bag and gloved hands getting those mice! Yes, she is very special.
For the dinner I made a roast pork loin with sauteed apples and onions, twice baked potatoes, summer squash, and a spinach salad. For dessert we had spiced pumpkin cake with brown sugar frosting. It was a nice fall meal, but too bad it was 90+ degrees that day!
Well, more posting later!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Love the pictures! The boys look so cute off to preschool!

Nancy is so nice to take care of those mice for you!

The birthday dinner you made sounds so yummy! We've been going back and forth between crisp, cool weather and warm, warm days!

Lisa said...

Wow, your boys are so big! You make the most delicious sounding meals--I might clean up mice to have that dinner! (or maybe not... I'd do something!)

Anonymous said...

Can't believe the boys are in preschool, Sarah! Our little ones are growing up sooo fast. Your mother in law is so sweet; I'm so glad you have some help and support. And she's lucky to have you, too (making those beautiful, delicious meals!!) We're waiting for Fall weather down here, too...can't wait to stop running the A/C. Although last year, it seemed like the day we turned the A/C off, we had to turn the heat on.

Wardell Family said...

Sarah....I have finally figured out how to post a comment. I was so sorry to hear about your grandpa....give our best to your mom. what a wonderful tribute you gave them in your blog. I can tell how much you loved them and what they meant to you. that is what family is all about.
Joan

hilary w said...

What a beautiful meal you made! It makes me miss the cooking enrichment classes you did. Honestly, I REALLY loved those nights! And I still use several of your ideas you gave!