For instance, the other night I heard a train whistle in the distance. I've always loved that noise. It reminds me of childhood, lying in bed, not tired enough to go to sleep, listening to the sounds outdoors. It's a sound that can best be heard when the windows are open, and that's a wonderful thing itself, sleeping with the windows open. It means it's spring or fall. Also, while I'm sure trains must whistle during the day, it's only the night time that I hear them because I and the town and my kids are quiet enough.
So since that night I started noticing a few other simple things I loved.
Here's another: The freckles on James' nose. I think they are so cute; they are so tiny and sparse that each one is precious.
And more simple sentiments:
Waking up naturally to the beautiful, golden fall sun.
Having the boys bathroom and room sparkly clean!
Retrieving a toothbrush that had fallen down the drain after several exasperating minutes and almost giving up (just happened)
The tomatoes that keep growing in my garden--I am amazed considering how little time I put in to them. I can't take credit though. A lady in my ward gave me a seedling.
Nathan's blue eyes even though Jason and I have brown. James' frequent saying of "Hey, mom, I have an answer for you" when he wants my attention (Okay, I don't always like hearing that, esp. when I'm busy, but it's just an example of the cute things they say).
The sound of geese flying south in fall (Although a lot still stick around)
Turning the calender over to a new month--the glorious month of October!
What are some simple sentiments you enjoy?

4 comments:
My absolute favorite nature thing is walking around at night during the summer. I feel like I'm cheating or something because it's so warm :)
I also love seeing John when we first wakes up--he's so cute when he's tired!
I don't mind if you borrow my "simple sentiments". I liked everything that you shared.
I enjoy hearing the birds sing. Watching for butterflies, and watching the kids try to chase them. Making dandelion wishes. Laying in the sun and soaking up the warmth while watching clouds. Hearing Jared form new words and sentences everyday, sometimes it is really funny what he picks up. Such as "driving crazy mom!" He learned this from me because I was ready to leave for church and the kids were all fighting and I said to Ben, "Hurry up, these kids are driving me crazy!" SO funny!
I love when my dog Bailey races into the bedroom upon hearing my alarm, jumps up on the bed, and is so excited to see me (ok...to get fed...). Waking up at 5am every weekday can be rough, but she makes it a bit more bearable.
Sunsets in Shorewood Hills, Michigan.
My wonderful student Sara that says "Thank you, Mrs. O." every day on her way out of Algebra class.
Brilliant red and orange gerber daisies.
I loved everyones comments! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment