He had to tip his head back to see.

Jason likes it long for some reason though. And Nathan is terrified of haircuts. So he got to continue looking like a young skater dude.

Ta-da. Next time I'm taking him to the salon. (Although I say this after every hair cut).
Jason likes it long for some reason though. And Nathan is terrified of haircuts. So he got to continue looking like a young skater dude.
Until I said, "Enough!" (That and a random woman at the library told me I needed to cut his hair.)
It's not easy to cut his hair because he is very nervous and screams, cries, and is super tense. He says it hurts and then he gets itchy when the hair falls on his neck and it is just such a dramatic event. Also, I had instructions from Jason to keep it long but not do the bowl cut. I love the bowl cut! But I tried to comply.

13 comments:
And btw, I LOVE his hair, lol. You did great, but he pulled off being a skater kid pretty well!
You did a great job! I would be so scared to cut my kids hair. I haven't cut Kira's hair yet. Luckily it's growing in pretty even, but eventually I'll have to take her somewhere.
It looks great! I know what you mean though--I cut John and Jonathan's hair, and I hate doing it every time. I mainly hate cleaning up that hair! Ew!
You did a GREAT job, Sarah! I can't cut hair without it looking like a haircut mom did with her sewing scissors (because that's what I did, because that's the sharpest pair I have now). So we go to the salon. But having nervous, wiggly children is still a problem. I love your before and after pictures.
Nathan, you look so handsome. Good job, Sarah! See, Nathan, it isn't so bad.
I think you did a fabulous job Sarah! Nathan has great hair! love it! P.S.I could help out with desensitizing him to haircuts if you want.....
nice job sis! nathan very much so needed a haircut. there should be more trips to the library.
LOVE IT!!!! cute!!! :)
Cute! It's so hard cutting hair. When I married John and he made me start cutting his hair, he gave me a 15 minute time limit and then he was done, no matter what it looked like! Then I had to live with it for the next month until haircut time again. I got good and fast, let me tell you. After ten years of practice, now I can do the boys (and John) in 10 minutes or less. Wiggles, complaints, cries, itching, and all. Of course, it doesn't LOOK great, but oh well.
YOU, on the other hand, did a fabulous job with a difficult cut. Hooray for Sarah! And hooray for being able to see Nathan's eyes!
Thanks everyone for the comments!
Lisa--Yes, I hate cleaning up the hair too.
Lajuanna--Jason bought some clippers when we were engaged and I had to cut his hair and all the kids hair since. That is pretty impressive-10 minutes! I'm still slow.
Jenna--Yes, he needs some desensitizing. I'd love some help! Also for cutting finger and toe nails. It freaks him out. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why he hates swimming. He doesn't too much sensory input.
Oh, I really like the new haircut. Personally, I am not a fan of the bowl cut...but to each his own, right?
I can't believe how long his hair was getting though! Wow! In about 6 years or so, he'll really fit in with hair like that. All the boys around 10-14 have hair like that around here anyway.
By the way, I am not good at cutting hair, just ask Ben. I have attempted Jared's a couple of times, but because he won't hold still long enough, I just can't do it. But every single time I take him in to get it cut, I have to hold him on my lap, or he won't let them touch him.
Great job! I need to cut my boys hair tomorrow (all my boys! always a scary thought for me!)
Speaking of hair, I really like Nancy's style.
Post a Comment