Monday, March 23, 2009

house

Whenever I drive Jason to work to his in-town client we pass a beautiful home right next door to a park, overlooking a golf course. I found it on line and here's a picture of the inside. It's brand new and has been on sale for probably over a year. We started joking about it being our house just waiting for us to move in. It's not even really my style, nor do I want a 7000 square foot house, but it is beautiful and when we were playing at the park the other day I let myself daydream about living there. Next thing I know, I find myself thinking about it while I am back in my townhome occassionally--okay, often. The house kept popping into my mind. I need to stop being so worldy! I also need to stop thinking of it as "our house" because I just looked up the price and it's 2.95 million. But wouldn't it be fun to live in a castle! That's what we call the huge teardowns that are so imposing around downtown Naperville.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I am right with you with the need to stop daydreaming about worldly things. Sigh.

Michelle said...

It looks like a museum, bud. You are WAY better off where you are. I'm very quick to think I want to live in some of the beautiful, Victorian houses on the way to downtown LaGrange, but then I hear what some of my friends say (the ones who actually do live in them) about the upkeep and the problems, I think my tiny house is just right. Will always says we can't help but be close as a family since we're in such close quarters. There's no hiding here!

Liz said...

Well, I daydream about 2-3000 square foot house and most of those cost around 1 million around here! One day we will have a newer nicer house that we actually own. I hope!

Emily Anne said...

you're so funny, sar! mostly, i just dream about a house with a laundry room and a playroom; I think I'd be satisfied with those two things. But you know how it goes -- once I had those, I'd probably just want more. Ah, contentment is so slippery and hard to pin down!

Sarah H said...

I think the huge tear downs are actually tacky and irresponsible but yet there's still those moments when I think about living in one.
But I can't even keep my small house clean, so i think I am better off!