We went to the doctor this week. She is, surprisingly, down to the 50th% for weight, and in the 75th% for height--"Tall and slender" Jason told her--but it seems impossible because she is still so chubby! She got a heel stick and a shot and didn't cry for either. At her last appointment she didn't cry when she got two shots, but I thought it was just a fluke! No, she is just one happy girl.
She loves to "sing" and babble. She says "ga!" a lot (especially when she sees the cat) and she says "ba ba" and has started saying "mama". She also learned how to do this really loud gasping sound this week which she thinks is really fun because it gets every one's attention.
She has picked up on my paranoia over choking and now coughs on purpose to get my attention.
Audrey has a lot of tricks she likes to do. She clicks her tongue, sticks it out, and claps. She has also just starting waving and even waved "bye bye" on command the other day! It's so funny in the morning when Jason or I get her from her crib, she immediately does a repertoire of all her tricks, as if making her best impression so we'll pick her up and play with her. It cracks me up. The one thing she doesn't really like is getting her diaper changed, and I think it is because we pick her up from her crib, and then immediately put her down to change her diaper. We think she's thinking "I just did all my tricks and then they put me down!"
Audrey shows no signs of crawling and definitely not walking. My boys crawled around 9 months and walked at 14 months, so I wasn't expecting that she would be an early walker. And I am quite happy that she's still relatively immobile. But I do start to feel a little jealous/bad when other babies are crawling and even walking by Audrey's age. Audrey mainly loves to sit and go through her bucket of toys one by one. She can roll but doesn't use that for mobility. When I put her up in the crawling position she just immediately flattens out. Oh well, it sure makes my life easier!
Audrey loves to eat and to feed herself. She also loves to drink from a cup, even though she always chokes and sputters. She still loves to nurse, and I enjoy it too, so there's no plans of stopping that any time soon.
Audrey loves to suck on her blankets and washcloths. I usually give her a wet washcloth as an "after dinner treat". If we're out on a walk in her stroller she puts her blanket in her mouth and goes into a little half sleep slumber. She also sucks on her blanket to fall asleep. She doesn't take a pacifier.
She goes to bed around 7 pm and has been walking up lately around 4 for a little drink of milk, courtesy of moi, and then goes back to sleep until 7 or 8. I bring her in bed with me to nurse but then I put her back in her crib when she's done. I love having her warm little body next to mine but I don't sleep well with her. The cats are bad enough, having made their way to the foot of the bed to sleep many nights.
Audrey loves the cats, and she loves her brothers, and she loves her daddy and she really loves her mommy. And I really love her.

15 comments:
I really enjoyed reading this update on Audrey. You and Jason are so blessed to not only have the cutest baby girl, but the happiest as well. I'd love to come see all of you soon!
She is so beautiful. I love hearing about all the things she does. She is so beautiful, too!
I'm so glad that she's so great to you. It gives me hope that, if I have a girl some day, she'll be equally as wonderful!
What a sweet tribute to your little Audrey! She really is adorable. William also wasn't crawling or walking until REALLY late... but now at 19 months he walks wonderfully... he was just slow. Seriously, this was so much fun to read! Thanks for sharing Sarah!
Great post, bud! Um...I need to give Audrey some raspberries on that chubby little tummy!
She is such a cutie! Your lucky to have such a happy girl in your family. I wish Kira was a little happier when she goes to the doctor. Seriously we have screaming and hyperventilating and it's really sad and almost a little embarrassing for me. Just getting her weight is the biggest ordeal. Other than that she's usually a happy girl too :)
awww...hooray for sweet and happy babies! :)
She is such a cutie. How couldn't she be happy, with such a great family! I love hearing about her.
She is so cute! I love hearing about what babies are doing that are the same age as my baby. I love that she does her tricks for you - so cute!
And that soup below sounds delicious! Good work!
Audrey is adorable! What a fun update to read about her!
audrey is the best! i can't wait to hold her-please make sure she doesn't learn to crawl.
I'd be happy too with a mama like you! What a doll...can't wait to meet her!
Sarah, I almost forgot to mention that I loved your thoughtful response to my repsonse about food. I just wish you lived close by so we could chat about all these things and learn from each other!!
your little girl is so cute! she looks just like you! can't believe how big the boys are. it would be so nice to see you guys again. i really enjoyed hanging out with ya'll.
p.s. those cinnamon rolls look good! i hope i can get around to making them. time spent in the kitchen has been less and less for me these days. :(
it's lisa henderson by the way.
www.thendersons.blogspot.com
i signed in with a different account. didn't want to confuse you. sorry.
oh, audrey -- what a little doll! sarah -- can you please, please figure out a way to freeze our little girls like this forever?? i'm having a hard time facing the reality of lily growing up - gack!
i want to talk to you about adventures in vegetarianism, too. we've been eating mostly veg for about a year now -- love it.
wish we were still neighbors!
Post a Comment