Monday, January 05, 2009

cats

This is just ridiculous. As if we need any more cuteness (or craziness) in our house, we are wanting to get a cat. Here's the cuteness we have:











And here's the cuteness we're trying to decide between:


Eva--gorgeous, quiet, really sweet, her eyes killed me with their beauty





Leon--super great personality, playful and cuddly, gentle with kids, probably would be the funnest cat, but honestly not quite as cute being an all black cat.





And this kitten had the biggest puppy dog eyes (how is that possible in a cat?) and was soo cute! We've kind of ruled him out because we want an adult cat for now, but will be mighty hard to resist.





more to come on Christmas in S.D. It was awesome!

8 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

Go for personality!!! You will not regreat it! We have our rescue kitty, and we picked him purely on personality, and he has turned out to be the most fabulous cat in the history of the world, lol. Good looks are great- but they will only take a kitty so far, lol!

Susie O'Rourke said...

I think all three are adorable. I agree with the previous comment--personality is so important!
Where are these cats/kittens from?

CUTE pics of Audrey. I was so happy to see her and the boys the other night. :)

Liz said...

A cat?!! At least your not thinking of getting a puppy. I think/hope that cats are less work than puppies.

If you're going to get a cat, I think I'd get the one with the best personality. You don't want grouchy cats when you've got little ones at home.

One of Jared's preschool friends just got the cutest puppy and brought it to school today. It was so cute it almost, and I mean *almost* made me want to get one. But, thank goodness I remembered that Ben is allergic and I really don't want to clean up after a dog! It was a golden retriever, and it was cute! :)

Lisa said...

Man, I don't know if your household can handle any more cuteness!! Those pictures of Audrey are to die for.

I think all black cats are cute! I have to admit that that last picture of the one with the big eyes made my heart melt, and I don't even like cats! Good luck with the decision :)

marie said...

i purrr and can be adopted

Liz Johnson said...

LEON!!!! I grew up with an all-black cat, and man, black cats have stolen my heart. My husband's allergic (to both cats and dogs), so since I'll never get to pick a cat, I'm getting way excited for you in a vicarious manner. Let us know which you pick! :)

chicagosapps said...

That's a tough choice since they're all so cute. Kittens are a lot more work than adults, and you're sure of the adult's personality, so I say cute Leon is the best bet!

My kids have been begging for a pet too, but we've had to be content with visiting pet stores and playing with them. Hannah is allergic to cats and we don't want to induce anymore asthma attacks, so John wants a puppy. I don't like pets (sorry animal lovers), and obviously I will be the one taking care of whatever animal we buy, so I keep trying to put it off. Someday. . .we'll get fish.

Michelle said...

ugh...am I the only one thinking, "ick, a cat!"

Just kidding. I don't hate cats so much anymore. I admit that I saw a sign by the Hinsdale Humane society for cats a few months ago and thought maybe we would get a cat. I had all my arguments ready for Will when he reminded me that he's terribly allergic. Oh well.