Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This is the kind of week I've had

The Tree Fell Over





The Furniture Ends up Halfway Down the Stairs


(story about that: I asked James to bring me Audrey's rocking chair, (she has a little one like a bouncy chair) and I don't know if he was being silly or just trying to be obedient, but he pushed the rocking chair in Audrey's room halfway down the stairs--and that thing is HEAVY! )
But Isn't He Cute?



Six Dozen Cookies Made for a Cookie Exchange I didn't Go To




Also:

Sick baby who wouldn't let me put her down
Husband out of town
Ate too many cookies
Internet hardly working
......
So yeah, that's how it was.

BUT, now my husband is back and Audrey is better and I mopped my floor today. So life is good.

14 comments:

Susie O'Rourke said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough week. :( I must admit that I laughed out loud when I read about James and the rocking chair. Hopefully he was being obedient...
The cookies look delicious--I love choc covered cherry cookies...without the cherry. :)
Can't wait to see you tomorrow night! Hopefully the end of your week is more fun that the start of it.

marie said...

destructive little ones

Luke said...

Hi Sarah! I, like Susie, literally laughed out loud at the sight of that rocking chair. Hilarious to me but probably not to you at the time! :) Luke and I are excited to come over tonight. We'll be there after 6:00 and will come with a bean/chip dip appetizer.

Liz said...

Sorry you had a week like that. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that has weeks like that! SO glad Jas is back and Audrey is better. Did you even get any cookies out of the exchange you didn't go to?

Lesley said...

What a week! Hopefully as you were enduring it, you were thinking, "At least this will make good blog material... " :)

Glad to know the week improved. I agree that clean floors make a world of difference.

Abbie said...

James is hilarious! That is awesome. I'm glad things are getting better.

The Horton Family said...

Oh, the joys of keeping up with children! I have to say - I could very easily see myself with very similar situations. Boys are creative, and excited little ones, and when they come with an automatic buddy who is also a boy - whew! I feel for you!

Michelle said...

I'm concerned about these cookies. Where will they go if not to people from the cookie exchange? As your best friend, I'm willing to eat some, for you, of course.

That chair thing is great. I'm sure there was nothing mischeivious about it. :)

Gary and Sara said...

Oh Sarah! This gave me a good laugh and felt all too familiar to my life! Glad you are feeling better!

KT said...

Oh boy, that picture with the chair halfway down the stairs is priceless! It's so hard when you have weeks like that, but at least your kids are adorable to make up for it!

ashley marie said...

hey we are going to be in Naperville on the 29th and 30th. Are you guys gonna be around? We'd love to meet up with you if you are!

Anonymous said...

hmmm, do you think those cookies would survive the USPS -- i know where you could send some :)

sorry it was "one of those weeks."

it's almost time for you to leave for SD -- sunny, warm, heaven! merry christmas, sar.

chicagosapps said...

James is strong! That is so funny.
We have a Christmas card for you but no address. I kept holding on to it hoping I would see you before Christmas, but with this storm, I'm losing hope. Can you email me your address? And maybe your phone number again too because we lost our phone list with EVERYONE's number on it. I blame Denise.

chicagosapp@comcast.net

Weston and William's Blog said...

Okay, I too had to laugh. So funny. And your poor tree. I keep waiting for that to happen with ours. I hope you guys had a safe flight and are now happily enjoying family! And I will add, as one of your visiting teachee's, that those cookies were delicious! Yum!

-Molly