Friday, August 29, 2008

A bit about James






I finally am back online after not having Jason's laptop all week. There's so much I want to write about! But here's just a bit about James, as he's really been making me laugh lately.

1) He has a very loose tooth! He's a bit young to loose his teeth, but I think it will happen soon. He's pretty excited about a visit from the toothfairy.


2) He loves milk. Always has. It's cow's milk these days, but he sure loved my milk when he was a baby. I wasn't able to wean him until he was 18 months. (Nathan weaned at 13 months.) He is quite interested in me nursing Audrey. Here are a few of his comments:
"Did you fill your chest up again to feed Audrey?" as I start to feed her.
"Do you need to eat up so you can make some more milk?" at the dinner table.
"Did you feed us with your milk or a bottle?" (I'm proud to tell him my milk) and
"Oh my, a milk storm" (when Audrey got milk squirted all over her face.)


3) He loves cereal.


4) His most common phrase is "I'm hungry". He often says that right after we finish eating, or when he's bored. I say, "You're not hungry James, you're just bored". "oh, you're right." It's just such a habit to say that he says it when he isn't even thinking!


5) He loves bugs and likes to collect them. He'll just pick up a spider or a cicada or a frog with his bare hands. I guess he's just a boy!


6) He speaks the truth. The other day when I took a shower first thing in the morning he asked, "Why are you taking a shower? It's not lunch time."
And when I put on some running shorts because I got motivated to exercise again he said "You look bad in those". Ouch, the truth hurts.


Well, I just laugh it off. He sure is a cute kid.

7 comments:

Liz said...

So fun to read about James! He is so cute and funny too!

I love the new picture at the top of your blog. Where did you take it?

Susie O'Rourke said...

Those are such cute facts about James. I would love to have him come over and handle the bugs I find around my house.
I love the new picture, too, and was wondering if you took it. I want to go wherever that is!
Hope to see you soon!

Lesley said...

What a funny post! James sounds like he would be fun to hang out with.

I love what he said about the shower-- if Ian could talk, he would say to me "Dad won't be home from work for an hour still. Why are you getting dressed and making the bed already?"

Loved this post!

Anonymous said...

so sweet and funny! love the truth kids speak (even if it hurts a little :)

Lisa said...

Hahaha "milk storm." I love that.

And to be fair, I often say, "I'm hungry" when I'm actually bored too. Habits die hard.

Michelle said...

If Ethan could talk he'd say, "Mommy, why are you showering? You already showered yesterday." Sad, but true.

Adorable post. James and I have the hunger thing in common, too.

Karen said...

HaHaha, he's so cute and funny! I love the car collecting thing too, and how he gets really mad if Nathan messes his up :) ANd the running shorts...that totally made me laugh. I used to wear glasses when I would watch TV and Brians 5 year old neice came up to me and took them off my face, and said, you look WAY better without those, don't wear them anymore! :) So I got lasik :)