Wednesday, July 16, 2008

If it's not one it's the other

Audrey has been such an angel baby. I think she's been so sweet and good to make me feel better about all that happened surrounding her birth. I've still struggled with feelings of frustration and sadness that things didn't go like I planned, but then I see her and hold her and I just love her to pieces and it makes things better. Time also helps. Plus I read a book called Baby Catcher which was all about natural birth stories. Surprisingly, it was very healing. Heck if I can't give birth myself I'll read about other people giving birth.
Anyway, Audrey is so sweet. She's even smiled at me a few times! She sleeps very well at night and doesn't hardly cry at night. Of course she does wake to eat, but I have her next to me in a bassinet so I hear her when she starts rooting and sucking so she doesn't get to the point of crying. Lucky Jason, he gets to sleep all night since he doesn't hear her!
Last night she only got up once to eat! Of course, if it's not one, it's the other, and James woke me up screaming that he had to use the bathroom. That always happens to me. If the boys are sleeping in, Audrey is fussy in the morning. If Audrey contendly sleeps next to me till 9, the boys are up at 7:30. Why can't they just coordinate!
Well, this is still easier than having twins. And I'm so happy to have my sweet Audrey.

4 comments:

Nursemom said...

I completely understand. Gavin only woke up once when he was a month old. That quickly changed and Landan wakes me up much earlier than Gavin. So there is no catching up. Hang in there it won't last forever.

Lisa said...

Things sound so great--I'm so happy for you! You really have the best attitude, since you had it way harder with twins! Although now you have little boy twins and a baby girl... you just rock though. Congrats again :)

marie said...

She sounds like the perfect baby. I can't wait to meet her and see the boys loving her.

Liz said...

I can so relate to the sleeping issues. That is great that she only woke up once last night! I hope she keeps it up!! Take care!