It's been one week since we moved to our new home. We love it! I will post pictures when I get all my systems going again, but that could still be a while.
Although I wouldn't recommend moving while eight months pregnant, the move went perfectly. We had 8 0r 10 guys from the ward come to help, and they loaded our 26 foot truck in 1 hour! They did a perfect job too--not a nick on the walls or a ding on the furniture. We had some friends help Jason unload the truck and a few friends helped me clean. Jason's family also helped a ton by watching the boys and helping us pack and move. We were totally exhausted by days end but it couldn't have gone better.
This week we've been slowly unpacking and putting our place together. I had painters come for two days and love my new paint color. I'm so glad we ended up hiring a painter. We had never painted before, and they did a better job than we could have done by far. Not to mention I'm large with child and Jason's busy with work, so realistically I don't know how we could have gotten in done! (Although it seems like so many of my friends do amazing things with their houses all on their own--we decided to face the facts that we're just not like that!) I did, however, do a stamped border in the boys room that looks sooooo cute! I am so pleased with it. I'll post a picture sometime.
Well, there's much more to write about but I'll try to keep in short for now.
ky and kade turn 15!
4 years ago

7 comments:
Bud - I want to see pictures! I'll just have to come out soon for sure. I am excited to see your new home!
Hooray! Good work Sarah. I can't wait to see pictures of your cute new home.
I can't wait to see post-moving day pictures. Or, maybe we'll just come over since you're three miles away. :)
Happy Housewarming, Sarah! I'm so excited to see pictures...and jealous of the hired help :)
I'm so glad to hear that the move went well! I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you guys! :) Can't wait to see pictures!
I can't wait to see pictures! Congrats on the new house :)
Hey, at least you maybe have that nesting instinct going on, to have motivation to organize everything. I say--take a nap!! :)
Can't wait to see pictures of the new space! I am interested to see the stamped border for the boys room. Is there something that you guys would like as a housewarming gift? I have an idea or two, but I thought I'd see if there was something that you **really** wanted.
Good move on getting someone else to paint. It took Ben months of after work painting in to the night to get our house painted. Definitely not worth it. Unless of course you are super speedy and can get it done over the weekend.
Post a Comment