Monday, May 19, 2008

Nesting

I finished my nursery! Well, almost. I still need to do the window treatments and put up a picture I bought today, but here it is so far:


I spent the last week painting the stripes on the walls. It took a ton of prep work and a lot of time, but I can look with pride at the walls knowing I painted them!

Here's a close-up of the bedding my mom gave me for my shower (I chose it out). I really love it.
The funny thing about this changing table is it cost me $35 at a resale shop yet the baskets and tins cost $70! I think they turned out adorable though. (And one I got as a gift--thanks Michelle). It was fun to put the little newborn diapers in the tin today. It really makes me feel ready.
Soon I'll be able to put a picture of my baby inside the frame!
I would rather have the thousand dollar butter colored rocker from Pottery barn, but our old one will do, especially adorned with a cute lamb.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sarah, it's gorgeous! I'm so impressed. Great job! I envy your preparedness -- I really need to get motivated and prepare for this little girl! Your little girl will make the perfect finishing touch for such a beautiful nursery. Can't wait to meet her (even if it is only in the blogosphere :)
Love!

Wendi said...

Sarah, that is an INCREDIBLE paint job! I LOVE it! The nursery is so beautiful.Way to go!!

Karen said...

Oh my gosh Sarah you are awesome! That is the cutest girl nursery, I love it! I will call you this week and come over to see your house. Did you decide on a name yet? Its coming soon!

Ashli Miller said...

It's beautiful. How exciting! We are definitely going to have to come visit you guys sometime this summer/fall!

hilary w said...

Wow....you did a great job on the nursery! I can't believe you were brave enough to try those stripes! And to pull them off! It looks awesome. When is your due date?

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, bud! It looks SO GOOD! It looks like it's out of a catalogue for real. Great job.

Clemstock said...

Very cool walls. Really makes the nursery. Since you are such an accomplished painter, any thoughts on coming to Hershey for a day or two. We could certainly use some talent!

ashley marie said...

looks awesome! I'm impressed!

Susie O'Rourke said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Alicia said...

Fabulous paint job!! I love the color combination...what a perfect room to nurse and rock in.

Sabrina said...

The nursery looks awesome! I love the stripes.

Dan and Brittany said...

That is a beautiful nursery. I can't believe that you did all that, I'm very impressed! It's nice that you were able to get settled before the baby came.

Liz said...

WOw! It looks beautiful Sarah! It could have come out of a magazine. She will be one lucky little girl for sure.

Nursemom said...

Love the rooms!!! The furnitures looks great too. You're so talented, and lucky too. I haven't gotten a chance to do a nursery yet. Money issues and all that. Maybe with the next baby.