For the boys' room I had the painters do two colors and then I added the stamped border. The stamping was sooooo easy and cheap! I was planning to stencil a border, but I really had no idea how to do it nicely. Then I saw a $.99 stamp near the stencils and thought "Hmmm, maybe this would work". I rolled the paint on the stamp, stamped a paint sample board to lighten the paint, then stamped along the border. It didn't take any measuring, just eyeballing, and took about an hour and a half. I was so happy with the results! I'd like to get a few more decorations for the walls and a cute lamp or two.



I got this bookshelf at a garage sale last weekend for $10. I LOVE garage sale-ing. There's another neighborhood garage sale this weekend that I plan to visit. Hopefully I'll find some more good buys--of stuff I actually need. Last week I also found Jason a mountain bike in good shape for $5! Now he rides to the train station and it takes around 7 minutes. It's great. We're really liking our new place.

6 comments:
I love the star border. You really did a terrific job decorating both rooms! I can't wait to see the rest of your home.
The star border is so cute! I love it. I wish we would ever have our own place again so I could do cute stuff like this. I think you should try to find one or two of those big stars in red or blue or both to hang on the wall. That would go really well with the theme of the room.
Liz has a great idea. I'll keep my eye out at garage sales around here! Now that we've decided I'm staying home, I have a feeling I will be going to a lot more garage sales! We're looking for a small side table for outside right now, so keep your eyes peeled. Looks great, bud! You've got a knack for designing.
Wow, that looks so great! And the nursery is incredible too!!!!! You really have a knack for this.
It was really fun hanging out the other day...lets go to the Aboretum soon :) Love James and Nathan's room too! Your house looks great and cozy.
You did such a good job on the boys room! And I love the nursury. I love the stripes! I don't have the patience or the creativity.I can't wait till I have a house of my own to decorate.
Post a Comment