Saturday, March 01, 2008

I've been tagged!

My wedding

8 months pregnant with my boys

Norway

London

Arhces National Park, Utah



My friend Karen tagged me to tell seven things about myself. I'm excited because I've never been tagged before. Thanks Karen for making me feel cool! ;)

Some things you may or may not know about me

1) I was born 2 minutes after leap year, 1980. The nurse told my mom she could put the time down as 11:59 instead of 12:02, but I'm glad my mom said no. I would only have had 7 birthdays. Instead, today I am having my 28th birthday. I've not been looking forward to my birthday, but now that it's here I'm happy. It's March! There is hope in the air again...

2) I worked a summer in a wilderness Lodge in Alaska. I had to take three planes to get there, that's how "in the bush" it was. Mail and groceries flew in twice a week, along with any customers, who were paying a high price (500 per night per person at the time I worked there) to have a taste of the Alaskan Wilderness and AWESOME fishing. In the winter they actually do bear hunts, which I find quite disturbing but I didn't know it at the time. We just got to go scouting for bears. We saw many bears, whales, and other wildlife. One of the highlights of my life, besides my wedding and the boys' births, was kayaking in the ocean in the midnight sun with humpback whales surfacing all around. It was absolutely amazing, just thinking of it now makes me excited!

3) My boyfriend and I were voted "cutest couple" our senior year of high school. Now he's my husband and we're expecting our third child. Our ten year high school reunion is this year! I can't believe it, but in a way I can because of all that we've gone through together so far. He's the best boyfriend and husband ever!

4) I love nature, especially in springtime. This winter has been terrible and that's why I'm really happy that spring can't be more than a month or two away! I love the mountains and I miss them a lot. But here we have the Morton Arboretum, and I look forward to going there when the daffodils are blooming and the crab apple blossoms bloom.

5) I love to travel, and have been very blessed to have travelled a lot so far. I went to BYU Jerusalem my sophomore year and visited the following countries in that trip: Israel, Jordan, Egypt, and ...oh my gosh I've forgotten, but I know there was at least one or two more. I also have been to Germany, Switzerland (just a little) Norway and England. We stayed in Norway for seven weeks after Jason graduated from BYU. It was an amazing time! I've also been to Hawaii and Alaska, and about half of the other states. I'd really like to go back to Alaska again and see more of it.

6) I am not a very organized person and I'm not the best housekeeper. I'm trying though. I really don't like cleaning, except in a rare mood when I get in a cleaning frenzy. I do love to cook though, mainly because I love good food and good food just can't be found in a package (though I did have Ramen noodles for the first time in years last week when my boys were sick and it actually tasted good! Once every five years is enough).

7) I love to take baths. The house we're renting now has a big whirlpool bath tub, but I never use the jets. I prefer a quiet bath. I do like bubble baths, but sometimes even the sound of the bubbles popping in my ears bothers me. I took a bath most every day when I was pregnant with the boys. Now I only take one about once a week, because the bath is so big it seems like a waste of water sometimes. But oh I do love my baths. I think I'll take one now for my birthday treat.

13 comments:

Sabrina said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Baths are one of my favorite things in the whole world too.

Ashli Miller said...

Happy Birthday! It's fun to learn some things I didn't know!

Susie O'Rourke said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, bud. I'm feeling uninteresting now and wonder what seven things I can write about now that you've tagged me. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I love to travel too but I haven't had as many chances as you have. Loved hearing more about you!

Marissa

The Kelly Family said...

Happy Birthday. I didn't know you were such a world traveler.

hilary w said...

Happy Birthday! Those were some fun little tidbits of your life! Thanks for sharing!

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I hope your day was awesome!

Karen said...

Fun Sarah! To know all those things :) Hope you had fun last night at Mac Grill with Jason...I was pretty out of it when I came over...sorry, I felt like I was in a coma :) I do remember your Grandma's name though ha ha. Oh yeah and I LOVE baths too!

ashley marie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm glad your mom put March 1st because that is the best month out of the year :) You need to take advantage of you big bath, water waste and all, because your first house probably won't have a big bath unless you're really lucky!! When I was prego I loved baths too but our apt in Provo had a tub that was made for a mid-century sized person... that means very narrow and short. And that is not my size, especially when I'm pregnant!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!! Wow, it was cool learning all these things--I especially love the older pictures of you guys! And I didn't know you were high school sweethearts, how cute :)

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I hope you got the package I sent and we did try calling, but you weren't home. I hope you were having fun!

Anonymous said...

so fun to read, sarah. don't you just want to kiss your body for being able to carry and bear two children at the same time...that is so incredible! I've always thought your wedding pictures were breath-taking. SD temple is one of my favorites. Miss you!