I'm still without a computer for much of the day, and that combined with tiredness at night makes for little blogging.
I used to have a place in my blog where I would posts what books I was reading, but I removed it after a book would be up there for weeks without being finished. I'm not a slow reader, but I often go periods without reading books because I'm busy with other things. My parents have tons of interesting books at their house that I wish I could have read; there are lots of political books, health books, history books, church books, and other non fiction. I have found that nonfiction books are often my favorite because with fiction I read it and think "I can't believe that would happen." When I read nonfiction I also think "I can't believe that would happen" but it really did!
Anywho, I just finished a very inspiring story called Three Cups of Tea that I started at my parents. It is about a hiker-turned-school builder in Pakistan and Afghanistan. The subtitle is "One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time". It is an excellent story and I recommend the book highly. At times it is a little long and hard to read all the foreign names and keep up with his many adventures, but the book is well worth the read.
And for another review, Jason and I were in the mood for a movie last week and I chose one of my favorite ones, Seven Years in Tibet. It's an older movie and stars Brad Pitt in his early days. (Michelle, remember watching it together? I had fun watching it knowing that you had been in Tibet--although I read on the insert that it was actually filmed in Argentina). I highly recommend it. The scenery is beautiful, and I love the story (based off true events) and the message.
Well, my bed is calling me. I forgot how much I can sleep when I'm pregnant...and still be tired during the day!
ky and kade turn 15!
4 years ago

5 comments:
Three Cups of Tea is one of my very favorite books. Isn't it so inspiring? You should read Mountains Beyond Mountains. You would love it.
Thanks for the recommendations! I love hearing about good books.
I feel ya on that pregnant sleep thing. Ahhhh those were the days... :)
I'm completely with you. I fall asleep by about 9:00 every night. I"m just so tired all the time. I only have a few months in the middle when my energy comes back. Otherwise I'm tired at the beginning and the end. I"m close to the end so I'm tired all the time right now. Hence the lack of posts on my blog.
I read Three Cups of Tea a few months ago. It was so interesting to read. Did you know Morenson will be speaking in Chicago in September I think?
A friend just recommended "Kabul Beauty School" which is also a true story. It sounds really interesting. Also, I just read "The Color of Water: A black man's tribute to his white mother" which is a true story as well and so interesting.
Post a Comment