Happy Father's day to my own dear dad and to the daddy of my children. Here's some pictures of the dad's in my life. Enjoy the trip down memory lane. I sure did!
My dad
My children's dad
Jason's dad
My grandpa Lee, my mom's dad








Jason's dad and Grandpa Henrikson

My dad
My children's dad
Jason's dad
My grandpa Lee, my mom's dad





Jason's dad and Grandpa HenriksonDad,
Thank you for being so kind to me always. I hardly ever remember you getting mad when I was growing up.
Thank you for telling me I was beautiful, "Just like your mother" when I was in high school and really needed to hear it.
Thank you for calling me Sarah pie back then and occasionally now that I'm grown as well. I always liked that nickname.
Thank you for working hard for us, even when we were spending your money on vacation at the same time you were doing business.
Thank you for your jokes and cleverness. I've really come to appreciate it. I think you are so funny!
Thank you for being smart. I always like to tell people my dad got his PhD from Harvard.
Thank you for being smart. I always like to tell people my dad got his PhD from Harvard.
Thank you for teaching me appreciation of all people, nations, races.
Thank you for believing in me and always encouraging me.
Thank you for tickling my toes and putting your arm around in me church while I was growing up...and occasionally still to this day.
I love you dad! I miss you and wish I lived in Cali or you lived here. I look forward to seeing you soon.
I love you dad! I miss you and wish I lived in Cali or you lived here. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Dear Jason,
Thank you for doing the dishes so often, like today on Father's day.
Thank you for your part in making us parents :)
Thank you for being the absolute best dad to James and Nathan.
Thank you for being the absolute best dad to James and Nathan.
Thank you for getting up with them throughout the years about equally to me.
Thank you for being creative in solving an issue with the boys or thinking of a new way to get them to do something...I could never think of the things you do.
Thank you for being so silly with them and making them laugh. The laughter you've brought them brings me laughter too.
Thank you for being so silly with them and making them laugh. The laughter you've brought them brings me laughter too.
Thank you for believing in me as a mother, a person, and a spouse.
Thank you for working so hard for us--you are often already in the city and hard at work by the time we are just waking up!
Thank you for being so kind to me and the boys. You are the sweetest, gentlest dad and I love you for it!
The boys love you like crazy too!
Here's what they said about dad with the help of their primary teacher at church:
Here's what they said about dad with the help of their primary teacher at church:
My dad is 6 feet tall (both)
My dad's favorite thing to do is: being silly (James) Run (Nathan)
The best thing about my dad is: He plays with me (James) He plays games with me (Nathan)
My dad makes me laugh when I: see him being silly (James) See him smile (Nathan)
What my dad does at work: He sings (James) works hard (Nathan)
We've had a really nice weekend. Yesterday we celebrated Father's day with Jason's family up on his Aunt's lake house. James even went on a spin on the wave runner with Jason, AND swam in the lake! I was so proud. We had an awesome meal--grilled beef tenderloin, fresh salads, and Jason's rich adn delicious chocolate peanut butter pie. It was a fun day.
Today we've just relaxed and taken it easy. It's so hot out!! I made a delicious meal for Jason--tandori style chicken kebobs. I'll post the recipe soon. Jason grilled them to absolute perfection! He's a mean grilling machine! What a guy!
Happy Father's day!

1 comment:
Sarah! what a sweet post. And is that picture of Jason with James in the backpack from our beautiful autumn hike together up the canyon?? Well, whether or not it was that day, it really made me ache for the mountains and for you guys :) love to you all.
Post a Comment