The weather has been quite warm here the past few days. These pictures are from a few weeks ago, but now that it feels like spring--even summer--I thought I'd post our basball pictures. Today is is above 80.
The boys and I are working on a garden. We bought a lot of seeds yesterday at Lowes. Talk about an overwhelming place! I don't know anything about gardening or home improvement, but what harm can come from putting some seeds in the ground and seeing what comes up?
We're battling mice and birds in our house. We removed a nest from one of our vents and covered the opening, so I think the birds are gone. It was quite traumatic though because there were 7 beautiful eggs in the nest! I felt terrible. But they had been living there since winter, and I'm pretty sure they already had one round of babies. I didn't have the heart to take them out when the weather was freezing, so I let them stay longer than we probably should. They were in a vent that lead from our kitchen, and I could hear them all the time. They were like noisy neighbors: when they got too loud I'd open the cabinet and pound on the vent. They'd quiet down for a while, but before long there would be chirping and scurrying and slamming of the vent door. It was just too creepy to hear it in our house. So we finally took care of it.
The mice however seem to be winning the battle. We've caught a few, but the past two nights in a row we've seen one scamper across our kitchen. YUCK! We've tried the traps that simply catch the mice, the kind the snap, the kinds that stick, and another snapping kind. I wish we could just get a cat! When we buy our own place one of the first things I want to get is a kitty-cat!
I'm getting distressed thinking about it again so I'm going to stop. We'll cross that bridge again tonight.....

No comments:
Post a Comment