Oh the boys. They certainly are an adventure.
Here's a few interactions we've had just today.
Here's a few interactions we've had just today.
After church Jason put in a planet earth DVD for the boys (AWESOME series!). I was outside talking to my family and then I took a nap in the chair on the porch. Jason went downstairs to take a nap. When we came back Jason couldn't find his DVD and was upset about that. Nathan confessed he had taken it out of the player but when we would ask both of them where it was they would say "I don't know". Jason gave Nathan a lecture of some sort, I didn't really hear it. A little bit later I was outside with the boys on a blanket and Jason came out. In his sweetest voice Nathan asked "Can you please go back inside dad? We want to finish this story without you so I want you to go away back inside please". I think Nathan felt a bit guilty in his presence after losing his DVD.
Jason later found the DVD unharmed, but covered with fingerprints, upstairs in our room.
Then we came inside and I saw some strange pieces of cord on the counter. Then I saw the scissors. I realized someone had cut my cell phone charger cord, which was plugged in and charging my phone, into 10 pieces! I asked James if he did it and he said yes, but then he said Nathan did it. Nathan came in and I asked if he cut my phone and he said yes. I love that at least my boys are still at the age where they are unfailingly honest.
I got down on Nathan's level and gave him a lecture. I told him that it's very important we never cut cords because we could get hurt and it was very dangerous. And I added that now I would have to buy a new charger so that would mean I wouldn't be able to buy him a treat or a toy because I had to spend the money on the cord. Yes, I'm already using guilt. He immediately responded with "Thank you mom" in the sweetest voice possible. That just made me burst into laughter and give him a hug.
Yesterday James said something really funny to his Aunt Jenna. He was playing in the yard and suddenly started slapping his face. Jenna asked what was wrong and he said a bee was trying to make honey on his face!
It reminds me of the time he told the neighbors dog to go away because he wasn't a toy! He's such a cute kid.
It reminds me of the time he told the neighbors dog to go away because he wasn't a toy! He's such a cute kid.
The boys have been obsessed with a few of their toys this week. Nathan has been infatuated with a toy train, "Diesel 10" from Thomas the Train. For 2 days straight he was most content to watch it go around on it's little track. He even slept with Diesel 10 one night and woke me up at 2 am crying that he couldn't find him. Diesel 10 was hiding under a blanket, and after he got him he went immediately back to sleep.
James got some new bubbles from Grandma. Not just any bubbles but a huge container with three big wands. All that evening he wanted to blow bubbles on the back porch. Meanwhile, Jason was mowing the lawn. James was so into his bubbles he kept saying, "Look dad, I have bubbles" even though Jason was halfway across the lawn and definitly out of ear shot. It was so funny to see him talking to himself really, and not Jason, about his bubbles.
I've had a good week with the boys. They are the sweetest, funniest, cutest boys in the world, and I'm not biased at all.

2 comments:
Sarah, this really gave us a good laugh! I'm relieved to hear that we aren't the only ones with kids that get in to serious mischief! They are certainly cute!
Sarah!! I love your blog! I wish you would have told me about it sooner. These stories had me laughing so hard...I miss you and the boys. Aren't little boys just the greatest?? LoveLoveLove.
Post a Comment