Oh the drama! After a week of anxiety and quite a few tears and feeling certain he was gone forever, I got a call tonight from Naperville animal control saying they had my cat. I'm a little embarrassed now for how down I was and how convinced I was that he was eaten by coyotes. My cat was all I could talk about this past week.
So...here's the story.
One week ago, Leon was lounging around in someone's back yard, wearing a collar but no tag, and the owner called the police and said "There's a cat in my yard and I'm allergic". Oh PLEASE! Who calls the police to have animal control pick up a cat that is wearing a collar!
So the animal control lady picked Leon up. He was totally friendly with her, purring and rubbing against her legs. She knew he was someone's pet. She scanned him, hoping to get some information. While he is microchipped, I never registered the microchip to my name. (Dumb, I know, I'm going to register him tonight). I just figured he was registered to the adoption agency, and they would contact me. But he wasn't even registered to them. He had a number that was registered 12 years ago to DuPage Co animal control. It obviously wasn't his number so that got them nowhere.
Leon was so friendly that the animal control lady wanted him back in his home, so she drove back to the neighborhood where she had picked him up to see if she could find any signs. Sure enough, she saw my sign and called me tonight. I thought that was so nice of her to make the extra effort to get him back to his owners. He was in the neighborhood next to ours, which I had no idea he went to.
Now we are happily reunited! Eva is happy again I can tell. Leon seems antsy to get outside. But he is going to be grounded for a long while.
ky and kade turn 15!
4 years ago

11 comments:
So happy about your happy ending!
Yippe...family reunited again...good news!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! That is so wonderful!! Welcome back, Leon!
hahaha!!!! that's great news!!! glad he is home safe and sound.
OH Sarah that is wonderful!!! lol- I can't believe you didn't call animal control ;) Silly :) That was so amazingly nice of that woman to drive around- she obviously saw what a great cat Leon was, and knew how much his family must have been missing him!! And what a cooky woman- who cares if you're allergic! It's outside, lol! People are sooooo weird!
Glad you have him back. I'm so happy for you guys!!
HORRAY! Great news. :)
Glad to see everything worked out well in the end! That is amazing!
Hurray! So glad you got him back!!
Oh, thank goodness!!! What a nice lady to go above and beyond. Hooray!
So glad to get your text last night, and I told you I just had a feeling about it. Maybe Leon could turn me into a cat person - can't wait to see him again.
oh, i'm so glad he's home! i'm sorry you had to worry (and cry) so much while he was gone, though.
Post a Comment