I've been meaning to post a picture of the new bunk beds I got for the boys around their birthday. I decided now that they were four they had outgrown their cribs! Plus Nathan was coming into my bed several times a night. I asked him why and he said "Your bed is more comfortable."
I found these bunkbeds on Craigslist. I was looking for some high quality ones, so I was willing to spend enough to get something nice, but at the same time I wasn't ready to dish out $1200 to pottery barn for a bunkbed! These very nice bunkbeds came with a dresser, a dresser with a hutch, a nightstand, two large drawers underneath, and the seller threw in the matresses, which are very good quality and new, and the pottery barn bedding. My grand total was $400! I was pretty excited.
After a week of the boys both sleeping on the top, they settled into their new routines of James on the top and Nathan on the bottom.
Bunk beds are fun and the boys love them, but I must say it's the biggest pain to make the beds and change the sheets on the top bunk. It's all very worth it though because Nathan and James are sleeping through the night like little angels!

7 comments:
The bed and bedding set are adorable! I have lots of fond memories of my sister and I sharing bunk beds. And some not so fond ones of her kicking the underside of my bed repeatedly. :)
And $400! That is a STEAL! Way to go. I heart craigslist.
What an incredibly awesome deal!!! THey look great. And having the boys both sleeping through the night in their own beds is priceless indeed!
How cute! You are so good at finding deals (or, more like steals!).
Hope to see you soon!
Holy moly, bud! Those look awesome. And I honestly can't believe you got all you did for so little! Our crib/bed dresser and armoire set was over 1000, and I thought we got a deal! You're doing my shopping from here on out. I need to start looking on Craigs List.
I agree with everyone else--what a steal! They look AWESOME!!! Hooray for Craig's List :)
Those beds are beautiful, Sarah. Love the bedding, too! Congratulations on a great buy. That's a good point about making the top one, though -- I'd never even thought about that when considering bunk beds. Hmmm...we'll probably still get some someday :)
Okay Sarah I just heard you guys found a house? Congrats but Im sad you are moving out of our boundaries...but we will definitely still hang out. Thanks so much for helping my sister with her shots...You did great Nurse Sarah :) and also for the taco soup! SOOO GOOD!
Post a Comment