Well Jason made an awesome slide show of a lot of our pictures to music, but I can't figure out how to upload it, plus I think it's way too big. If you live around me you'll just have to watch it on our DVD. :)
Here's some plain old pictures.
Well, it's too hard to be plain with Hawaii pictures.
Guys, if you haven't been to Hawaii, you have to go!
Now I'll give a quick blerb if you've made it through all the pictures!
Hawaii was everything I imagined it would be and more! Jason and I have dreamed of going to Hawaii for several years, so this was a dream come true for us. Neither of us had ever been.
It's just so beautiful there! Not only that, but there's something about the islands, the culture, the music, that you can't get from just any tropical place (not that I've been to a lot of tropical places, well, okay, this was my first, but still). Not to sound cheesy, but there's just something about the "Aloha Spirit".
Yeah, Hawaii is very touristy, but it never felt crowded, hectic, or full of tourist traps. How can a gorgeous tropical drive along the shore be a tourist trap? It was very expensive though. Thankfully, we had hotel points and frequent flier miles so that saved us a considerable amount of money.
Here's a brief recap of the highlights.
On Maui we drove up Halaka, (10,000 feet!), drove the road to Hana, went snorkeling (saw a sea turtle, tons of fish, and a ray), played in the ocean and strolled along the beach front resorts, ate lots of good food, and just explored a lot of the island.
On Oahu we got together with our friends, which was a big highlight. They took us out to eat one night and then we went to church with them on Sunday. We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center for a day and for the night luau. Their night show was absolutly stunning. We had a really, really nice hotel in Oahu so we spent some time just relaxing there too.
It was sad to leave, but at least we got to look forward to coming home to our boys. The days after we got home were impressively gray (I didn't know the sky could be so gray!) but I brought home a lot of Hawaii music and was still in my Hawaii bubble. I could just picture it so vividly.
Now it's fading a bit and I'm actually enjoying the crisp night air as I look out and see our neighbors Christmas lights. Vacations are so wonderful in the moment, but when they pass, sometimes they seem like they never happened. Thank goodness for pictures! I can look at them and remember how blue the sky was, how clear the water was, and if I imagine really hard, I can remember that totally relaxed feeling where I feel like I'm melting.
Now it's the only place I want to go on vacations!

9 comments:
Thanks for posting those beautiful pictures! I have never been to Hawaii, but WOW! It looks like a place I want to be!
Wow. I am a jealous girl right now. Thanks for sharing those pictures!
Welcome back to the cold Sarah! Everyone says Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth...but I think its Hawaii :) See ya soon! Karen
Sounds like it was a heavenly trip! I know what you mean about the trip seeming like it didn't really happen. That is how I feel about our Europe trip now. I have the pictures, but it still seems like it didn't really happen! :)
I'm jealous, it sounds like you had a great trip! And the pictures are awesome
Marissa and I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. We had a chance to go but had to pass it up. We have been a Caribbean cruise but I think that Hawaii would be so much fun. It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun.
Kevin Thompson
These are beautiful pictures!! I can't wait to see all of them soon. :)
Absolute paradise. How amazing. You've sent me into daydream land just looking at your pictures. Someday, that will be us, but until then, thanks for sharing your pictures so I can dream.
How incredibly fun! It sounds like you had loads of fun! We are going to have to save our pennies so that someday we can go too. I was dreaming when I viewed your pictures.
Post a Comment