Alaska! The kids and I are here for a month visiting my brother and his family who live in Anchorage.
Nathan
Filet Mignon and Pork and Beans makes a pretty awesome camping meal!
We camped here for 2 nights. The mosquitos were terrible and it rained half the time, but the views of Denali were amazing and made it all worth it. We took a 5 hour bus ride to reach the campsite at the end of the park road, since no cars are allowed in Denali National Park.
Waking up in the morning to Denali peaking out from the clouds was heavenly!
Audrey up close and personal with a Reindeer (at a farm)
My sister in law Kristi and some of our brood
They pulled a piece of glacier out of the lake to save. (It's melted and we forgot to bottle the water, like James wanted to)
Fishing with Uncle Leo
More fishing. James really loves fishing.
Audrey and her cousin playing at Wonder Lake
Nathan at Wonder Lake
Denali
James and the mountain
James feeding a moose
Audrey near Portage Glacier
We've seen bears, moose (in the wild and up close at a farm), caribou, bald eagles, spawning salmon, and other little birds. We are all having a blast, and the kids are having tons of fun playing with their cousins. It is an outdoor lover's paradise here.

12 comments:
Wow, it's so beautiful there!
Ohh, fun, I wanna visit.
What gorgeous pictures. I've been hoping to see some of what you're up to. :) Those mosquito nets crack me up.
How beautiful!! And I love James' stoneface pictures, hahaha :)
Gorgeous! I really hope we make it out there one day to visit Kristi and Leo. It looks like you're having a blast.
it looks SO beautiful!!!!! great pics!
Wow sarah- it is so beautiful, and it is so nice to know that you and the kids are doing well! Keep the pictures coming- Alaska is beautiful!
Wow. I am so jealous. My cousins used to live in Alaska but I was too small to go there before they moved away. What great pics.
Sarah...LOVE the pics and hearing about what you guys are up too. Wish we could be up there too. Maybe next summer!
Wow that looks like fun and totally amazing! Miss you!
Now THAT looks like a sweet camping trip! Don't suppose you want to trek to the dunes with us this fall :)
Miss you tons but loved seeing the pictures! Hope things are going well - we miss you!!!!
Whoa, that is WAY better than Blackwell! AND the dunes...
Post a Comment