Monday, September 07, 2009

camping

We took our kids camping this weekend at a local camping site. (15 minutes away). It was so much fun I said several times "Why is this the first time we've gone camping this year? We need to do it more!" Then at night when Audrey woke up crying every hour I remembered! We had a great time overall though.




I love this picture of James' teeth (or lack thereof)

My boys having a rare moment of getting along


Everything was absolutely wet with dew the next morning


It was also very foggy the next morning


Yes, we had donuts for breakfast. And cider and scrambled eggs. Yum!




Checking on their new tent. The boys slept in one tent and Audrey and Jason and I slept in another.

Bottoms up! This is how Audrey crawls a lot of the time. She's still not walking.
Later in the day we went to Cantigny park and the boys climbed the old army tanks.
Utter joy for boys!

What a great way to end summer. This has been a great summer. I heard on the radio it was the 2nd coolest summer on record. The average temperature this summer was 71. Nice!

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Looks like so much fun!

Abbie said...

I need to go camping now. so much fun.

Nursemom said...

We love camping and we haven't gone in months. We really need to go. 71 degrees as an average? We've had over 66 days straight of over 100 degree weather down here. Our average was 102. I am so jealous. Especially because you're heading into a real fall.

Liz Smith said...

is that over at Blackwell? that's so fun that you got to do that. i've never been camping.

NorwayBrowns said...

Oooh, that looks like so much fun. And I must say, you guys know how to do camping breakfasts right. I vote you in charge of the camping part of our next summer reunion ;-)

Weston and William's Blog said...

Looks like fun :) I'm not much of a camper, but I'll have to tell Raymond about it so he can take the boys, lol. Looks like fun! And I love James teeth!