Just a quick update/excuse why I haven't blogged much lately. Well, for starters I'm 7 months pregnant, tired, still occasionally throwing up (twice this week) and often without a husband! Second, I've been packing because we are moving in less than three weeks! It finally hit me, so I started this getting to work this weekend. Third, when I am online, I have been looking at other things and not feeling creative enough to make a post. Lastly, the "How to Prepare for Nursing" clip was so great I felt it could stand on it's own for a while.
Here's a quick update on our move. We have a contract on a townhome and we close in two weeks! It's kind of neat how it all turned out. First we made an offer on a townhome, and came within $1000 of an agreement, but it was honestly just too much for us, so we backed out. In the meantime we came across a great deal on a short sale, but that entailed the risk of waiting nearly two months to have a yes or no answer. The first town home we made an offer on was our back up. However, while waiting for our short sale it went under contract with someone else! Our second back up also went under contract. The short sale wasn't looking very promising (their realtor never even bothered to return our realtor's call--not once), so we were feeling discouraged. Then we saw the first townhome back on the market again, for 10,000 less. We were nervous it would go quickly as well, so we ended up cancelling out short sale contract and giving the first townhome our original offer--which they countered only slightly higher, and several thousands less we were at before. So it seems to have worked out in the end. I am pretty sad to leave this nice house we're renting, but we knew this day would come. It is exciting (and scary) to take this next step of buying a townhome.
Now the tricky part will be getting everything done in time!
ky and kade turn 15!
4 years ago

7 comments:
That is SO exciting! I am so glad things worked out for the best! How could you have ever known the story would end the way it did? That is just great. I can't wait to hear more about it -- how close is it to your current place? What do you love about it? And I can't wait to see pictures of it. Congratulations!
Please let us know what we can do to help you pack, move, and unpack!! I'll have to do the heavy lifting for Kevin and I. :) We're excited that you'll be living even closer now!
Congratz! I can't believe you guys are already buying a home, and you are only months away from having a baby girl. I feel like the boys are still babies because they were still pretty young the last time we saw them. Good luck with the move.
Mary
congratulations on your townhome, sarah! how exciting! Sounds like everything worked out well in the end -- like maybe there was an extra hand in it all along ?? Love that!
Good luck getting everything done.
it is kind of scary buying your first home but it's great once you move in. I remember packing while pregnant. I was only about 2 months and right in the middle of the puking stage. I can't imagine packing at 7months. Hope everything goes well for you guys. Don't lift too much.
Hooray for home ownership! That is so exciting! I'm glad that things worked out for you guys. Good luck with the move and don't do too much!
That is exciting! I hope you can get it all done with minimal help from Jason. Wish we were nearby so we could give you a hand!
Post a Comment