Our good friends Kevin and Susie invited us up to their lake house along with several people that went to Augustana College, where Jason went his Freshmen year. It was an absolutely picture perfect weekend. The air was a perfect temperature, the skies were clear and blue, humidity was low, the company was great. The only thing was Lake Michigan was cold, but Jason still took a swim.
My guys playing in the warm sand.
We got to do some blueberry picking while we were there. It was so much fun! My greedy little fingers just kept picking as fast as I could, and I ended up filling my bucket in about an hour. Jason thought he was doing good when he got his about 1/3 full, then he saw mine. I told him it was my blueberry picking experiences in Alaska (Ahhh, now that was heaven. Picking wild blueberries for hours on end, laughing like crazy with Shannon, the owner of the lodge, driving the boat back to the lodge, making blueberry jam that night...not a care in the world.) Anyway, we picked 7 pounds of blueberries all together which cost us 11 dollars. I'm sorry to say that they were all gone in 4 days. I made blueberry pancakes, blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, and we enjoyed a lot of fresh blueberries, without a trace of guilt because they are a top superfood. Still, I wished we would have rationed a little better. We'll just have to go back. 
Here's Kevin and Susie. They were so nice to have everyone up and prepare all the food. I've been thinking about them because they ran a half marathon this past weekend! How awesome are they? Especially considering that Kevin had a spinal tumor pressing on his nerves and causing him terrible pain and then numbness a little over a year ago. Thankfully, he had a successful surgery and is now running Marathons again. How did it go guys?

2 comments:
Kevin had a great half marathon! He beat our time from two years ago by over 8 minutes. Unfortunately I fell apart at about mile 8 and walked a lot of the last 5 miles. :( It was very disappointing and frustrating after three long months of training. I guess I'll just have to do another one to redeem myself...
Your trip to the lake sounds like it was so fun! Blueberries!!! I love them! YUM!
Post a Comment