Jason comes home tomorrow after another week on the road! I'm so excited!
The boys have been very good this week. We've had some fun times together with just us. Yesterday we went to downtown Naperville. The weather was quite chilly, but I decided to try to ignore it. We walked along the riverwalk, one of Naperville's claims to fame. It is very nice indeed, but then I think about my walks in Provo where I'd head out my door and be in the mountains in just a few minutes. THAT was great! Anyway, we don't have mountains here, but we did find a hill to run up and down. It was right next to the carillon bell tower and we even heard the bells chime, so it did almost seem like Provo for a few moments. I realized I need to have more of these times with my boys. They are growing up so fast. They will be starting preschool in fall! Running up and down the hill with them I tried to just relish in their exuberance for life. We got to the top and I said "Wow! We can see the whole world from here!" They looked around with wide eyes and that smile of amazement they get when they believe they are experiencing something grand--like they really are seeing the whole world. Every time we would climb it after that they would say, "We can see the whole world from here". It felt great to be alive!
A few more cute things the boys have said/done this week:
I was cleaning my ears with a Q-tip like I always do after a shower, and James asked "Are you getting the macaroni and cheese our of your ears?"
This past weekend we went to the YMCA to go swimming. I came back from getting dressed into my black with pink polka dots bathing suit and James said "do you look beautiful mommy?" I thought it was pretty fun that he would say that. Nathan told me I looked beautiful on Sunday. What a boost to my confidence!
James has been having some funny mispronunciations. He says breakfast "bis-kis". Every morning I wake up to him coming into my room, "I want some bis-kis". We've been going to the Chiropractor lately (thought we'd just try it out) and they pronounce it the "car factory".
There's so much more they do that make me laugh and smile, but I would need to be constantly recording it every minute. Of course if I were recording every minute of my life (which I suppose in a way I am) there would also be the frustrating and impatient moments and the tantrums and such. But overall lately I've really been enjoying my boys and liking life.
Speaking of recording my life, I remembered a song I learned from Academy For Girls back in 1992. My mom reminded me of that time the other week so I thought about this song again. This is my thought for the day:
I'm the one who writes my own story
I'll decide the person I'll be
What goes in the plot
And what will not
Is pretty much up to me.
And just in case
I need to erase
It was figured out before,
A thing called repentance
Can wipe out a sentence,
A page or a chapter or more.
There's more to the son but that's all I can remember, and it's been in my head the past few days. I think it's a good message to remember.

No comments:
Post a Comment